Saturday, June 4, 2016

What Does GOD See?

After one realizes that Moses never was in the Garden of Eden or that he was not a witness to the events that occurred in the Garden of Eden it becomes a bit easier to comprehend everything he did. He was not restoring Christians back to Christianity or Jews back to Judaism. He was restoring the miracle of why we all exist in the first place to a very specific group of people. He was ready to die towards this end.

Exodus 32:32 Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.'

I often, while living in the Pacific Northwest, try to imagine this land when uninhabited. The landscape is amazing no matter which direction one looks; the Pacific Northwest is breathtaking!  My wife gets a little annoyed with me because of how often I express these sentiments about the countryside here. At the same time, I often try to imagine what Adam, in the garden of Eden saw when he became a sentient being. What did his eyes behold, his ears hear, his hands and feet feel? How did he see twilight, the night sky, and the morning sunrise? What was the ocean, the rivers, and the sound of the wind to him?

When I asked the LORD (Jesus at that time) to show to me who he was I had lost the ability to see anything beautiful. Everything about me was ugly, I was a complete mess. My thoughts were self absorbed with self hatred filling my inner core. I had four children, and a wife whose trust in me was shattered. During what I would say was the lowest point in my life I cried out, "Jesus show me who you are!"

He did not show to me a Rabbi or a Pastor. Nor did he explain to me Christianity or Judaism. What he showed to me was not what Adam saw or Eve eventually saw. He showed to me how amazing he thought I was. He did so by showing to me the lie that told me I was worthless. He showed to me that what Adam saw was amazing. However, and for the past 9 years, he has been showing to me that what he saw when Adam became a sentient being was something worth dying for.

I do not see myself as Messianic, Hebrew Roots, Christian or Torah Observant but rather as something our Creator has sworn to restore. [I cannot imagine for a moment that Adam claimed one of these identities as well.] Moses is our Creator's greatest witness and he too, was willing to die in order that the promise of Almighty God be fulfilled. It is with this absoluteness, I cannot be a black man, or a white man, or even a mixed man. I am a created man for a purpose much bigger than anything lawlessness has to offer.

Luke 24:27 And he began from Moses and from all The Prophets and he expounded to them about himself from all of the scriptures.

John 5:46 For if you had trusted Moses, you would also trust me, for he wrote about Me.


It is with this heart that I no longer want to fight and argue religious ambiguity. I want others to see what Adonai Tsavuot showed to me about who he was. Who he is, is still amazing, I can see this when I look at all of us! The Pacific Northwest is a gift just as was the Garden of Eden.

As I write this I am aware of another argument on Facebook over the Star of David. Nine US service men have died in the flooding down in Texas. My grandson is 2lbs, 6oz living apart from his mom in the hospital fighting to live. My wife is with her in Arkansas where no one in my generation hales from. Mohammed Ali has died, people all over the world are being slaughtered. My country is coming apart at the seems...and yet, I know that every thing intended by our Creator will come to pass. I know this more than every thing horrible currently happening all over this planet.

Isaiah 46:10 From the beginning I revealed the end. From long ago I told you things that had not yet happened, saying, "My plan will stand, and I'll do everything I intended to do."

No comments: