Saturday, April 16, 2016

ISRAEL SUPPORT FUND

In June of 2007 I attended a conference in Vancouver, Washington where I met Yisroel Stefansky. As one of the guest speakers I listened to him tell a story about how as a child he was suddenly thrust into the nightmare of a bus bombing in Israel. The experience of seeing body parts, on fire, people dying, blasted into and onto buildings, cars crumpled as, men, women, and children become projectiles crashing against what ever happened to be moving down the city street at the moment of detonation transformed Yisroel's life. As I listened to his story what was abstract in thought, how the mind envisions death, was now vivid, stark, and immediate to my senses. After a couple of video clips presented during his talk I had a completely different understanding of what a car bomb or bus bombing actually causes. Mr. Yisroel Stefansky and I have been friends ever since meeting in 2007


His life was so impacted growing up in a country the size of a postage stamp [where death is as constant as are those promoting it] caused this young kid to dedicate his life to helping people.
Raising money to help families in need is one of the many, many, activities my friend chooses to do with his life. He is committed to making a difference in the lives of others.

Well, this is always the type of person that I am going to celebrate and help where and when I can. Even though I have yet to visit Israel I know that their are people in Israel who need help.

The Torah tells us:

Deuteronomy 15:11 For the poor shall never cease out of the land; therefore I command thee, saying: 'Thou shalt surely open thy hand unto thy poor and needy brother, in thy land.'

Several hundred years later other Jewish men recorded YESHUA'S quoting of Moses:

Matthew 26:11 The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.
Mark 14:7 The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me.
John 12:8 You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me."

Well, living in a land blessed of GOD surrounded by hatred and death has produced a lot of lies, distortions and insanity. Nevertheless, it has also produced people like Yisroel Stefansky and Israel Support Fund.

I am writing this post to inform you of an organization started by my buddy that needs you to open your wallet or purse during Pesach. I am asking you to share this post with others encouraging them to also make a donation in support of people in need. Join with me, open the website link below and make a small difference...Thanks everyone! 

No comments: