Friday, March 4, 2016

History of Israel or religion of the church?


The following comment is left on my YOU TUBE (https://youtu.be/1gqhDApwoWs) page from a person who follows and comments often:

"Satan is at the core of ALL the troubles in our world. He started at the very beginning in the Garden of Eden and continues to this very day. He corrupted what GOD taught Moses and that is what ultimately met at Calvary. Satan corrupted what Yeshua taught that resulted in the emergence of Catholicism. Your facts are right on the mark. My only advice for you Jeff is to avoid the pitfalls of Rabbinic Judaism: LEGALISM. Yeshua is our example; not Moses, not Paul. Assuming the scriptures are translated properly; we need to pay particular attention to what Yeshua taught. You and I are on a similar journey. GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU!"


He uses words like Rabbinic Judaism & Legalism with a thought pattern based on religious teachings or religious connotation. (Just because a man or a women is Rabbinic does not mean that I should avoid them, rather it means that we can learn together, and disagree as well based on what history offers.)

I do not see the Bible from this perspective. 

To explain:

Suppose you needed to learn quantum physics. Would you go to a Seminary school in order to retrieve the information? Of course not....So the Bible is a history book about the relationship between God and what he created. When I study the scriptures I do so from a History frame work not a religious framework.

When the subject of satan comes up I see mankind doing more of what satan represents (adversarial) to what God is doing. I see man against God historically more so than the one who accuses man who made a choice...Men have always had a choice historically.

Isaiah 45:7 JPS Tanakh 1917
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things.

Legalism is how God ordered everything and Rabbinic Jews, along with everyone else came from the dust...which makes them part of all of us historically

Psalm 119:1 JPS Tanakh 1917
Happy are they that are upright in the way, Who walk in the law of the LORD.

Historically there has never been a Village, Town, City, State, Country of Kingdom anywhere in world history that operates with grace alone, all have laws, and when the laws are broken, lawlessness is the end result...again, an historical fact! Nothing about this is religious...

Satan never, not one time said to the Creator, "I am not doing what you command so shove it!"....NOT ONE TIME, historically!

When I want to go be around other believers who want to learn the statutes, commandments, and laws of God, I don't go to a AAA meeting!



No comments: