Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Family dysfunction was born in Eden

I have received numerous phone calls thanking me/Nathan for the Skip Moen conference. Many saying they were still digesting the last session which most spoke about. As I have spoken with Christians, Messianic believers, Torah Based individuals, and Hebrew Roots believers what I have actually done is listened to people rather than religious positions! I could hear better "My family" in everyone of their thoughts and comments

This conference connected me to two things:
1) The dysfunctions that thrive throughout the "Tribal" generations. We are simply another one living in 2016
2) The name we are given, the name we create for ourselves, and becoming the person GOD intended is life's challenge.

I continue to distance myself from religious, theological, and doctrinal interpretive concepts of the Bible. Preferring instead to just be a part of the story unfolding which has everything to do with embracing just how much "PEOPLE" mean to GOD!

Jeremiah 16:19 most assuredly has a more precise meaning for me after Professor Moen shared the dysfunctional relationships that were fostered from Adam until this very moment.
We have all inherited brokenness, rejection, lost identity, rage, and lies that are generational moving through the story of what men and women have lost.

Listening to the many phone calls, reading the emails and a few text messages points out to me that being connected to people and working through our dysfunction is a worthy place to serve. Religiosity, Doctrinal Divisions, and Rejection of one another is simply practicing the lies that we have all inherited! One gigantic family embracing pride, chaos, and division born in the Garden of Eden with the first husband, and the first wife.
I don't want to partner with their failure anymore! I get it, I hope many of you did too!

As soon as I receive the pictures taken from the conference I will be doing something with them...just not sure what that is!

Thanks again to everyone who attended and helped out
Recommended reading: http://skipmoen.com/2016/01/27/crossing/comment-page-2/

Jeremiah 16:19 LORD, my strength and my stronghold, my refuge in a time of distress, the nations will come to You from the ends of the earth, and they will say, "Our fathers inherited only lies, worthless idols of no benefit at all."






The Jeff Morton Report Sundays at 8 to 9:00 am Pacific Time http://wawradio.net (Internet Radio) Visit http://jeffsmorton.com for additional information YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/standupone

No comments: