Friday, December 18, 2015

A Pharisee and a Pastor discuss the Bible



The Pharisee asks a question.
The Pastor opens the Bible reciting a scripture in response.
The Pharisee asks another question.
The Pastor again, opens the Bible and recites a scripture.
This exchange happens for about 20 minutes.
Finally, the Pastor asks, "Why are you continuing to ask me questions, I have answered all of them?"


The Pharisee response:

Sir, I have asked you several questions to which you repeatedly opened the scriptures that my ancestors recorded in order to answer my questions. The answers you provided are culturally disconnected from the questions, it is obvious that you have no concept of Hebrew thought! I am trying to understand the foundation of Christianity as it uses our scriptures when searching for answers?  How is it that Christianity separated itself from Israel and yet uses our material, gifted to us from God in order to exist at all? Jesus was, after all Jewish and would have followed every word of Moses, who was also Jewish. I continue to be perplexed as to how your church came into being?

http://skipmoen.com/products/formation-of-the-christian-church/
[the information contained in this teaching by Skip Moen 
was well known to me before I ever heard of Dr. Skip Moen]

I created this conversation in my head because...How we understand just about everything is from a Western, Roman/Greek perspective...Not one word of the entire Bible is based on either concepts whether Roman or Greek.........
The Bible is Hebrew or Hebraic which factually is in direct opposition to much of Western Theology
Rabbinic Judaism did not exist at the time of Shaul, a Pharisee of Pharisees.

Acts 22:3 “I was raised in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and I was instructed perfectly in the tradition of our fathers, and I am zealous for God, as also are all of you.”
Dr. Skip Moen helps us to better understand the Pharisee!











The Jeff Morton Report Sundays at 8 to 9:00 am Pacific Time http://wawradio.net (Internet Radio) Visit http://jeffsmorton.com for additional information YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/standupone

No comments: