Wednesday, August 5, 2015

From the desk of Rick Dabviscourt

Abba, Father...Thank you for the vision and for jumping in and helping us. I know how much you like to support your kids!

Hi everyone,


A quick heads-up to let you know that our last week’s fundraiser went very well! As you may know, I arrived home from Peru in June. Upon arriving, I was approached by Jeff Morton of the Jeff Morton Report Internet Broadcast and Nathan Grapes of Grapes2Press, LLC to see if I would be interested in them putting on a fundraiser for our girls down in Peru. Well, that was a no-brainer for me. So, we worked together to make this all come together in about 5 weeks time. I appreciate these two men very much. What nice friends they are to me, to our organization, and to our children and teens in that South American country!

I want to thank all the many volunteers who stepped-up to the plate to make this all come together. This included people from El Shaddai Ministries in Tacoma, WA and Zion’s River Church also in Tacoma, amongst a number of others. A very special thanks to all of those who donated the different items to be raffled and auctioned-off! They ranged from handmade craft goods, donated services, all the way up to a new laptop and 55” flat screen.

All in all, the event brought in $5,289.00! This is a real blessing for us as it will keep our doors open at our girls’ home in Arequipa, Peru for yet another month or so. God continues to amaze me with His constant provision for our children. Thank you for your prayers, for coming, and for playing a part in one way or another to make last Wednesday night a true success!

It takes a lot of work to put food on the table at our Familia Internacional home in Peru and to provide a roof over our kids’ heads. But, if we all continue to work together, their safe future will continue to be secured.

I have attached a photo of Jeff Morton with some young assistants who were drawing the winning raffle tickets “Out of the Hat”.

Muchas gracias to all of you. And, if you should have any questions of me, please feel free to contact me any time. My contact information is listed below.

Rick
Rick Daviscourt
Restoring Hope International
Restoring Children International       
USA: 509.845.4929
Peru: 011.51.992.351.775 (RPC)

Jeff Morton & Nathan Grapes




The Jeff Morton Report Sundays at 4:00 Pacific Time http://wawradio.net (Internet Radio) Visit jeffsmorton.com for additional information

No comments: