Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Charles (Charlie) Schiffman was my friend

Charles Schiffman was my friend.
His memory will live with me for the rest of my life!
He was an amazing man, I will miss him.

From:
MARC N. BLATTNER
President and CEO
_____________________________________________________________________
It is with great sadness that I inform you and our entire Jewish community that Charlie Schiffman (Tzadok Reuven Halevy) passed away this morning. Charlie served our community as the Jewish Federation Executive Director for 23 years. Upon his retirement, Charlie moved to Israel and lived in Jerusalem with his wife, Marsha. Charlie was a passionate lover and supporter of the Jewish people and the State of Israel.
Our thoughts go out to his beloved wife, Marsha, beautiful daughter, Nili, and their grandchildren. May Charlie’s memory be for a blessing and his family comforted by all other mourners in Zion.

Marc N. Blattner
President and CEO
_________________________________________________________________________________________
6680 SW CAPITOL HWY   |   PORTLAND, OR 97219   |   PH: 503.245.6482
MARC@JEWISHPORTLAND.ORG   |   WWW.JEWISHPORTLAND.ORG

















The Jeff Morton Report Sundays at 4:00 Pacific Time http://wawradio.net (Internet Radio) Visit jeffsmorton.com for additional information

2 comments:

Nancy Pollack said...

I am a friend of Marsha and Charlie's from St. Louis. Do you have current contact information for Marsha? We have lost track since their move to Isael. Had Charlie been ill?

Thank you.
npollack@dar.net

Jeff Morton said...

I do not..I am told Charlie suffered a massive heart attack....
I only have His email address. Have not spoken to Marsha..