Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The RamBam and Rashi Made A Mistake, Ovey!

In much of the Jewish literature that I have become familiar with over the years with regard to Talmudic literature Moses ben Maimaonides (1135 - 1204) and Rashi (Solomon ben Isaac 1040–1105) are who most of the rabbinic folks I speak with reference. I have read a great deal of their writings, it would be foolish of me to discount their wisdom but, we all make mistakes!


I have read Rabbi Tzahi (Itzhak) Shapira's book, "The Return of the Kosher Pig" a few times. Not being Jewish or raised Jewish the book is exhausting! Much of what is written is alien to me. However, I see him making the case for the Messiah rather implicitly using Jewish writings including both the Babylonian and Jerusalem Talmud among other source material written by.....the Jews (Sort of like the Bible itself)

What I was presented with yesterday simplified my own study on Jewish disdain for the Jesus of Christianity verses the Messiah, Yeshua of historical Israel. I have said many, many times that I too, would run from the Christian Jesus of Emperor Constantine. (This statement causes many Christians to run from me...oh well!) Remember, Joseph's brothers did not recognize him because he was dressed like a gentile or an Egyptian.
Prior to his change of address, and their rejection of their brother, they knew exactly who he was.

I say this NOT because i reject the  Gospel message but because of the identity that Western Theology has created for a very purposed Jewish man who died but, who then was resurrected for reasons that much of Christianity has never understood beyond the salvation message. Yeshua continually represented, "Thy Kingdom Come"

Consider the following (This in my opinion is the best presentation that I have ever seen)

We all make mistakes! The bigger mistake is made when we follow....the 1st mistake.

The Jeff Morton Report Sundays at 4:00 Pacific Time http://wawradio.net (Internet Radio) Visit jeffsmorton.com for additional information

No comments: