Saturday, April 18, 2015

My Brain Thinks Christian Even Though God Thinks, ISRAEL



Acts 1:11-12

And they were saying to them, “Galilean men, why are you standing and gazing into the sky? This Yeshua, who was taken up from you into Heaven shall come in this way, as when you saw him going up into Heaven. And after this, they returned to Jerusalem from the Mount which is called Bayth Zaytay, which is beside Jerusalem and separated from it by about seven furlongs.”

There was not a "New Testament Thought, Theology or Consideration when this event occurred in the minds of every Jewish person witnessing this event. They did however have the scrolls of the Torah, the Writings and the prophets. Because The entire Bible is about what God is doing through them in order to restore the nations to his purposes



Ray Vanderlaan understands better what God is doing. His conversation is not about Jew and Christian but about what God is doing...................................................


I always marvel when speaking with a majority of Christians at how quick the defenses come up when talking about anything Jewish. A perfect example occurred yesterday. I was talking about 1 Corinthians 13:12 with a fellow believer. Many of you are familiar with the verse:
"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

The verse is almost famous in Christian conversation. However, when considering proper context, Paul a Jewish man, writing a letter to Jewish people in Corinth has no concept of New Testament doctrine. He, of course, is eluding to the fact that one day the Jewish people would see him face to face again. The veil would be removed from all nations.  My Christian friend responded, "Jeff, You just proved my point, the Jews rejected Jesus. We all see darkly!"
Hmmmm, The Jews rejected him but, we all see darkly [but the Christians got it right?] Which one is it?

I asked him to explain his statement. He said, even Paul agrees the Jews did not recognize Jesus! He quoted 2 Corinthians 3:14 which says, "But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth
the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

So I asked him, prove to me that the Jews did not get who Jesus was. He stated looking for additional verses with his Smart Phone. I added, But first, please prove to me that your source material is not Jewish? This was an unexpected question for him

My friend admitted that he was attempting to prove his point thinking that Paul, a Christian was not Jewish at all in his mindset. I asked, "If the Jews did not believe in him why are you using their book to prove me wrong? This is what antisemitism woven throughout Christian theology does mentally.

I was listening to Henry Gruver once who held up the Bible, saying "This Christian books is all you will ever need!" He got upset with me when I challenged his statement after his presentation, oh well!




The Jeff Morton Report Sundays at 4:00 Pacific Time http://wawradio.net (Internet Radio) Visit jeffsmorton.com for additional information

No comments: