Sunday, February 15, 2015

ISIS, ISRAEL and the Christian veil

The Jeff Morton Report (jeffmortonreport@yahoo.com)

I have a very good friend who had great difficulty with what I was sharing when first we met three years ago this March. He was born into a very conservative, committed, Christian home nearly 51 years ago. I often refer to him as, "Leave It To Beaver!" My friend is as much a part of white America, circa 1950's in much the same vein as The Donna Reed Show or Father Knows Best. He has never smoked, no drugs, no alcohol. He is as pure as the driven snow to use a familiar cliche. He was "innocent" when placing the ring onto his wife's hand nearly 27 years. He and his family have faced many difficult challenges including the loss of a child. Life has not been a television show by no means for my buddy. (We have become remarkable friends over these last three years.)

I remember when I would say things like, "I don't see the Bible from a Christian lens or, Much of Christianity (as has been taught for the last 1500 years) is based on antisemitism lacking the cultural, historical, and very purpose of Israel in the telling of the Gospels." The expression on his face when ever I would say things like this would contort, almost as if he were trying to swallow a bone!
I would say things to purposely cause his spirit to struggle. I could see his defenses (for what he and his family have always believe) dash to the front line in order to fend off my challenges.

(I do this on my blog all of the time, virtually every Christian who contacts me is outraged that I am bashing Christianity. Nope just trying to wake you up!)

Within Christianity, "Faith Based" means everything. Being emotionally connected to God is paramount to the Christian narrative. God does everything based on covenant law. This is how he will judge the nations. Much of Christianity lives with grace alone and the teachings of a handful of Jew haters called, "Church Fathers (Click Here & Here & Here)
God represents both Law and Grace based on legal precedent, Kingdom Authority if you will.  My friend totally gets the difference today!

Eventually, my buddy said to me, "I cannot defend what I have believed because YOU, (Jeff) have made me look at a lot of things about my faith. In fact Jeff, you have caused me to revisit some of the many questions that I have often wondered about." The one question that I remember specifically him discussing with me is found in


Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

His question: If God told Israel to keep the feasts forever and we are grafted into the common wealth of Israel why are we not keeping the festivals because, according to Zechariah, we will during the next millennium?

There are two sides to every coin. The problem is...God is not using a coin, He uses his LAW
Turns out, my friend had several questions based on his own study of the Bible that went unanswered for years.

Last night he sent to me a text message: 
"Oh My Goodness, the 2 year period for the bride to produce an heir is the two thousand year period in which the gentiles have to be adopted into Israel. Islam considers all land acquired as an irrevocable land grant that can never be turned over to some other one else for a possession!"

I understood what he was saying like water from a faucet. I went to bed thinking...my friend is now understanding the Bible, ISIS, Israel and what is actually happening from a Biblical, Legal Treaty Perspective based on Covenant Law.....God's laws never change!

He is attempting to smack God in the face big mistake!
He is seeing something other than a faith based account of the Kingdom of God, the Gospel Message and Western theology. My friend is seeing the royal battle between the Kingdoms of men and the Kingdom of God take shape.

I tossed out Western Theology, The Gospel message and the faith based evangelical concept of Christianity when Abba, Father downloaded into me what the Bible is actually sharing.The Good News is that the Kingdom of God is at hand. The rebirth of the Nation of Israel now guaranteed through the death of the Lamb. The legal right and land grant given to Abraham is soon to be fully restored to the descendants of Abraham and all of those who have been adopted into this covenant thru the blood of Messiah. Israel is about to finally accept...her King!

My friend sees the "Historical Account" of the royal messengers sent of God preparing a way for the LORD...None of which is religious! While the Donna Reed Show, Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best were broadcasting all over America, the God of Israel was resurrecting his nation and building up....ZION. The Church has never fully understood this miracle. America is fallen into decadence and lawlessness. God's hand must judge according to...HIS law.
Sodom and Gomorrah are an historical example.....not just an ancient event!

Psalm 102:16 When the LORD shall build up Zion, he will appear in his glory. (To Israel) 
My friend's challenge, like mine is to share that story with the church
Deception is supernatural...it really is! And so it goes!

Isaiah 25:7 He will destroy in this mountain the surface of the covering that covers all peoples, and the veil that is spread over all nations.

Oh, and just for the record: This same friend is much further down the road learning Hebrew. He has reconnected the TORAH to the letter writers and he is not trying to be Jewish but rather trying to understand the legality of Israel...according to the LAW

No comments: