Saturday, January 17, 2015

Shocked, Angry, Deceived and now, Tribulation

email Jeff....uncoloringrace@gmail.com

"The story of Jesus is the resolution of Israel's story" 
Scot McKnight

Ezekiel 5:9 Because of all your detestable practices, I will do to you what I have never done before and what I will never do again.

Matthew 24:21 For at that time there will be great tribulation, the kind that hasn't taken place from the beginning of the world until now and never will again!

For the first time in my Christian walk during the year 2007 God showed to me that the Bible was a book chronicling how he was bringing forward His Kingdom or manner of order to this earth. The story of Israel took on a whole other dimension when I realized what the Bible is actually presenting. My first reaction was shock. My second reaction was awe. My third reaction was anger! 
My purpose in writing this post is not to recap all of those emotions, the experiences born as a result or to revisit the endless and at times, pointless conversations trying to share what God showed to me. Suffice it to say that one day God flooded my being with a different narrative of the Biblical account forever separating my Christian understanding from that of a Kingdom understanding. Understanding what Israel is changed the dynamic for me of...being saved. Learning Torah, poured into Israel solidified the Kingdom message for me.

Eventually, I started learning about, THY KINGDOM COME, reading the works of George Mendenhall, Meredith G. Kline, Professor Jonathan Boyarin, Professor Christine Hayes, Rico Cortes, Daniel McGirr. I started piecing together various covenants that most of us never hear about come Sunday morning. More recently, I have been studying the Covenant of Salt, Threshold Covenant, the Adoption Covenant and the Blood Covenant via H. Clay Trumbull. What happened to me in 2007 actually opened a door of study and research that has yet to close. I quickly realized that what I was taught via a church service was more about entering an emotional relationship as opposed to a Kingdom mindset. Moreover, I begun to realize that in the giving of my life to Christ I too, was entering a covenant. The Ancient Near East Covenant Treaty Laws begun showing to me how every nation that has ever existed is a facsimile, wrought with deception about how THY KINGDOM COME will operate here in this earth. Every Kingdom of the earth is in opposition to the Kingdom of YHVH. Nevertheless, the Kingdom concept is not man-made. Bringing order to chaos, this is the salvation message. Think of the following verse of scripture as a legal edict or directive, rather than a prophetic utterance:

Isaiah 2:3 Many peoples shall go and say, "Come, let's go up to the mountain of Yahweh, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths." For out of Zion the law shall go forth, and the word of Yahweh from Jerusalem.

The Poor
God is in covenant with those who keep his commandments. He also has never broken his end of the agreement. Grace is afforded to all of humanity for breaking covenant more than once, (Think about that for a moment) God is quite literally going against his word every time we do the following.

1 John 3:4 Everyone who commits sin also breaks the law; sin is the breaking of law.


God has never broken any of his agreements to what is creation
Covenant:
synonyms:contract, agreement, undertaking, commitment, guarantee, warrant, pledge, promise, bond, indenture;

The idea of being saved, forgiven and offered, grace soon faded. I realize that I have an obligation to present "Thy Kingdom Come" with my life if need be just as was the life given in order for mine to exist at all. 
The Widowed
Trying to share the revelation of 2007 without a great deal of foundation, research, wisdom and certainly love (Remember, I was angry) is, quite frankly, an emotional ride through hell or more succinctly, deception. For 30+ years sitting in church pews my relationship to Christianity, based on "How" the Gospel message is presented was entirely emotional! Images of Jesus dying on the cross, replete with tearful pastors, the constant battle with sin and needing forgiveness weekly just (for me) drowned out the salvation message which is actually a Kingdom message.

Daniel 2:44 In the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall its sovereignty be left to another people; but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.

Tribulation is the consequence of breaking covenant...The brutality inflicted upon Yeshua (Jesus) showed to the world what this will look like after he walked through the pieces (?) 

Covenant of the Pieces - Part 1 (60 mins)
Covenant of the Pieces - Part 2 (60 mins)
Covenant of the Pieces - Part 3 (60 mins)
Covenant of the Pieces - Part 4 (30 mins
What are you doing for the Kingdom. My new radio show offers the opportunity to share your story
The Jeff Morton Report, coming soon

No comments: