Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Plantation Nation and The Vidiot Nation [Part One]

Gary Bennett and I were walking up the hill which represented Utica Place, a dead end street in the neighborhood that we grew up in. Gary and his family lived at the end of Utica Place. We were near the top when Gary's mother, apparently jumped into her car and drove up the hill where we were. Suddenly, she was out of her car with a "strap!" She begun to beat her son with this strap right in front of me. The expression on her face was maniacal. The insanity of what I was watching, what Gary was experiencing was...common in our neighborhood.

The difference between receiving a spanking versus a, "Whoopin" is always, violence....

For nearly fourteen hundred years much of Africa was a place of violence to the men and to the women of African decent. Children were born into a culture of violence, slavery, oppression, and degradation. The centuries old practice of treating men and women as property was mentally fortified into the psychology of their existence and taught to their children in the same way oxygen offered life.  Humanity to those born into humiliation simply did not exist. These indentured generations were deprived of everything remotely familiar to what God provided to Adam and Eve.

Hence forth, the education of life now vastly perverted. With the rise of Islam the most brutal time in African history for blacks began!

"Boy, if you don't sit your a_s down I'm gonna get my strap!" 
Or 
"Take your a_s out there and get me a switch off that tree, you bout ta get an as_s whoopin!"  

A whoopin was what happened to slaves, not children. A whoopin is what happened to men and women who were treated as animals..being whipped was passed down to children who passed it down to their children. Animals don't pass these things down. Discipline or more correctly, "To Teach" was not passed down through many black families. During the era of desegregation (1960's) the black father was purposely incarcerated, removed from the black family. The leader of the home, as desperate as times were for millions of blacks now gone. He was replaced by cans of meat, peanut butter, powdered milk and cheese. The welfare system exploded within the black communities during this time but that is another article, about another spirit [from of hell], which is even stronger today...We shall save that one for another time. Suffice it to say, the black family was destroyed. In today's reality this is normal. It was never normal but rather diabolic. I digress.

Most black folks that I grew up with knew the words, "You bout ta get yo ass whooped" intimately. We understood terror, abuse, pain and violence as children. I would suggest to you we have understood this for centuries! The slave trade cornered the market on this type of education. We learned how to pass punishment for wrong doing down through our children. Passed down from generation to generation was brutality, violence, shame, indignity. The identity of millions of people robbed, replaced with pain, anger, rage! That's not to say white folk, all folk for that matter avoided the same, none of us have!

When Gary's mother began to beat him down, in public for breaking a rule the psychology of that moment was not a knew thing to our generation. My brothers and sisters understood that sort of, "Whooping." My mother and her brothers understood as both children, and adults, this to be the way things have always been!

My home town Rochester, NY [My siblings and I were children during these events.

Chuck Margione and his brother/family were well known in Rochester, well loved!

Just before I left Rochester [I write about this in my yet unpublished book, "WOMEN, The Crown Jewel of Creation"] I was driving my aunt Debby's car heading for home. It was a rainy night, I was tired, I hated Rochester, NY. In the middle of an intersection was a  car stopped. I thought, "What the Heck?" I got out to see if help was needed. I heard a women crying, screaming as though in great pain. I ran to the front of the car where I saw a black man kicking her profusely, cursing her, beating her! The woman was clinging to the car bumper crying out, moaning with every kick, every punch. She was refusing to let go of the bumper while siting on the wet pavement receiving a, "Whoopin!" I yelled, "What the hell are you doing?" In what was possibly a  nano second in time the woman, a black women, jumped to her feet and started yelling at me to get out of there; I was confused? The man looked at me but said nothing. He never took his eyes off of me while the woman was begging me, pleading with me to leave. Years later, it occurred to me this woman may very well have saved my life that night! At the time, I thought she was nuts! I got into my aunt's car and left.


 Violence towards women is also centuries old. Within many Islamic societies women are mutilated, treated as property berated, belittled thrown away! I often say that in the Middle East women are covered with Burka's and deprived of the very thing that God created when he created his daughter, Chava, or Eve. She was to be a warrior, the heart of God in the earth. In the West, she is stripped naked, sexualized and deprived her natural beauty......Women have learned to fight with sexuality as opposed to the heart of God. I would suggest to you that women endure because they are the heart of the God.





 Bitches and Ho's for the African slave were women who were/are castrated, forced to be in harems, sexual concubines...To so called artists/musicians, rappers of today, women are portrayed exactly how they were thought of centuries or moments ago depending on what part of the world they happen to be enduring hell!
A white slave owner could have his way with any one of his slaves, at any time, and as often as he choose to do so. Many rappers of today mimic that humiliation by portraying women as bitches and ho's and personal sex tools.......You can beat a child down, you can beat a women down. You can do all of this without raising your hand or you can do all of this as a result of raising your hand. Regardless of how this is done...it has been done for centuries.

After years and years of being robbed of identity, livelihood, decency, and appreciation I would suggest produces something? In the case of  historical Africa under Islamic slavery and then Western colonialism and the slave trade therein, far too many people live based on what is handed down as opposed to what God is doing in order to raise us up.

Jeremiah 19:16 Yahweh, my strength, and my stronghold, and my refuge in the day of affliction, to you shall the nations come from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Our fathers have inherited nothing but lies, [even] vanity and things in which there is no profit.

Romans 1: 22-25 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,  and traded the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed animals, and creeping things.  Therefore God also gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

I was called, "An Angry Black Man" via an email a few days ago. This is often said to me because, and quite frankly my world is predominantly white folks out here in the Pacific Northwest today. It is easy for this stereo-typical stupidity to to be so fluid in my world. I hear this almost as much as I hear others
call  me a sellout, uncle tom or house nigga! [And so it goes!] 

For the record, I am angry because my God, and who he is, is treated as though he does not exist! If you are stuck in the mindset of slave, and slave owner,  well, I have a name for you as well.  You represent to me, "THE PLANTATION NATION! An identity that continues to be handed down because of a lack of Kingdom Identity.

Whose responsibility is it to forgive, to love, and to honor the things of God?

Personal responsibility, accountability and obedience to God's perfection, God's law is always a place of restoration. Bigotry, racism will not be excused nor defended as part of the conversation when we stand before him individually. Racial injustice will not be a topic of discussion. Reparations for slavery will not be gifted to any of us. Un-Coloring myself from, "Stupid" so that I might see holiness, righteousness and the Kingdom of God in the earth is why I am even writing this article. I am not an angry black man but rather a, "Kid of the Kingdom" who is angry at how our God's Creation is being devalued.

I refuse to be what I am supposed to be according to fourteen hundred years of godlessness! Frederick Douglass Jr. wrote, "Right is of no Sex - Truth is of no Color - God is the Father of us all, and we are all brethren." This was the motto of his news paper, "The North Star" printed in my home town, Rochester, New York.

I think, like Dr. Ben Carson who said, "When performing brain surgery I don't see skin color!" Jeff Morton does not live according to what has happened because of the color of my skin but rather, because of the possibilities of why God created me in the first place.

When next I saw Gary Bennet, I saw for the first time an "Angry Black Man" in the making! I knew that I was not going to be Black and Proud in that moment. I knew that being black was not a prideful thing to my generation but rather a humiliation. I decided to be who God made me to be. I did so as a child. As an adult I am Un-Colored by racism, Un-Ashamed because of God and Un-Broken because of who he has called me to be. 

Finally, I would suggest that we have to learn how to not be what has always been wrong!

Part Two: The Vidiot Nation: 
Teaching generations to dominate, to kill or be killed, to love bloody, dead images due to video conquest.....Question: What does that look like fourteen centuries from now?

No comments: