John McTernan’s Blog
And now take a look at what Lars & Harriet Enarson
ELIJAH PRAYER ARMY
Monthly Prayer Alert, November 2013 / Kislev 5774
Jeff Morton personally recommends that you read the full article
Peace, Peace –Then Sudden Destruction
“While people are saying, ‘There is peace and security,’ then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.” (1 Th 5:3)
Over the past 22 years there has been an amazing correlation between the efforts of the international community, spearheaded by the United States of America to remove parts of the Promised Land from the Jewish people in the name of peace, and the sudden destruction that has followed. Consider the following 13 examples detailed by William R. Koenig and John McTernan in their books Eye to Eye: Facing the Consequences of Dividing Israel, and As America has Done to Israel, as well as David Brennan in his books Israel Omen and Israel Omen II.
1. The Perfect Storm President George H.W. Bush Sr. became famous for his speeches about a “New World Order.” He was also the first US president to introduce the concept of “land for peace,” to the conflict between Israel and her Arab neighbors, meaning that if Israel will only cede some of the Land that has been deeded to them forever by Almighty God to their Arab enemies, there will be peace in the Middle East. This concept formed the basis for the Madrid Peace Conference in October 1991 that he arranged. It was the first time in history that Israeli and Palestinian leaders came together to talk peace.
On October 30, just as the conference began, what has been called “The Perfect Storm,” and dubbed by scientists as “a freak of nature” took place over the Atlantic Ocean, as three different storms joined together, reversed their path and then slammed into the coast of New England. One of the properties that were severely damaged was President Bush’s private summer residence Kennebunkport, Maine. While the president delivered the introductory speech at the Madrid conference, 30 feet high waves engulfed his home and flushed his expensive furniture out into the sea. The storm caused damages for an estimated $1 billion.
2. Hurricane Andrew On August 24 the following year, a follow up meeting to the Madrid Conference was held in Washington DC. The object was the same: making peace by forcing Israel to give up parts of the Promised Land. That very night hurricane Andrew hit the coast of Florida, becoming the most costly hurricane in US history up to that point, with damages for approximately $30 billion.
3. The Great Flood of 1993 By this time Israel had elected a new government headed by Prime Minister Yitzchak Rabin. As opposed to his predecessor Yitzchak Shamir, Rabin bowed to US pressure of land for peace and began secret negotiations with the PLO. From April to August 1993, coinciding exactly with the secret negotiations that would lead to the infamous Oslo Accords, the “Great Flood of 1993” hit the US Midwest, causing damage for an estimated $15 billion. A flood of this magnitude occurs only once in about 500 years.
4. The Northbridge Earthquake After the “success” of the Oslo Accords, President Clinton decided to meet with President Assad of Syria in Geneva Switzerland, in order to promote peace. After this meeting on January 16, 1994, Clinton contacted Prime Minister Rabin, who then announced on January 18 that he was willing to give up the Golan Heights to Syria in order to make peace. The preceding day, January 17, while President Clinton was pressuring Prime Minister Rabin to give up the Golan Heights for peace, the Northbridge Earthquake, the highest instrumentally recorded earthquake in an urban area in North American history struck California. It was the second most costly natural disaster in U.S. history at that time, killing 57 people and causing damages for $25 billion.
5. Tropical Storm Allison On June 5, 2001 President Bush Jr. suddenly changed his political course of strong support for Israel and sent CIA Director George Tenet to the Middle East in order to revive the stalled “peace process,,” by implementing the so-called Mitchell Report. The same day that President Bush Jr made that announcement, a “mystery storm” called Tropical Storm Allison formed completely unannounced off the coast of Texas. Meteorologists called Allison “the nation’s worst tropical storm” ever. It caused flooding and a deluge of historical proportions to President Bush’s home state with damages for $5 billion.
6. September 11 A few weeks after President Bush sent George Tenet to the Middle East, he made a promise to the Saudi Ambassador to the U.S. that he would arrange a major media event in September, where he would be the first president in US history to publically endorse the formation of a Palestinian state. Neither President Clinton, nor Prime Minister Rabin had ever talked about a Palestinian state in the Oslo Accords. This was a major new step.
The “big rollout” was planned to take place sometime during the week of September 10, 2001, possibly in the morning of September 11. That very morning the worst terrorist attack up to that point in US history took place, causing the death of at least 3,000 people and damages for an estimated $843 billion!
7. “The worst weather in U.S. history” After this devastating setback it took almost two years until the next initiative to remove the Promised Land from the Jewish people took place. This time President Bush established the so-called Quartet consisting of USA, EU, Russia and the UN, in order to force Israel to give up part of their God given inheritance. On April 30, 2003 President Bush summed up the Quartet’s demands on Israel in a White House Rose Garden speech with the following words, “The government of Israel, as the terror threat is removed and the security improves, must take steps to support the emergence of a viable and credible Palestinian state… settlement activity in occupied territories must end.”
The very same day, what would later be called “the worst weather in U.S. history” began, as a total of twenty-one tornadoes struck seven states. Before it was over a month later, a total of 562 tornadoes and 1,587 hailstorms had hit the United States causing damages for an estimated $5 billion.
8. The European Heat Wave Interestingly, just as this severe weather ended, a heat wave of historic and staggering proportions began in Europe in June, 2003, as the EU was now also actively involved in removing the Promised Land from the Jewish people. When the heat wave finally ended three months later, the death toll had reached 52 000 people, making it one of the worst climate related disasters in Western history! The estimated cost from the devastation ranged between $10-20 billion.
9. Hurricane Katrina On August 23, 2005, the same day that the government of Israel announced that the forced removal of all Jews from the Gaza strip had been completed, the US National Weather Service noticed a tropical depression that would later be called Hurricane Katrina. 1.1 million people had to leave their homes in New Orleans and the hurricane caused damages for $165 billion and the deaths of at least 1,833 people.
10. The Global Financial Crisis Two years after the devastating Hurricane Katrina, President Bush and the Quartet initiated the next move to remove the Promised Land from the Jewish people. On July 23, 2007, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, the Quartet’s newly appointed envoy, was dispatched to the Middle East for the first time in order to revive President Bush’s Road Map to peace. In his farewell speech Blair stated, “The absolute priority is to try to give effect to what is now the consensus across the international community – that the only way of bringing stability and peace to the Middle East is a two-state solution.”
The same week that Blair was dispatched to the Middle East, a crisis in the international banking system started, as the risk premium in lending between international banks suddenly jumped over 50%. Over the next months the instability steadily increased until it erupted in the global financial meltdown in October 2008. The estimated cost of this financial crises, which was the worst since 1929, was a staggering $10.2 trillion. Notice Blair’s words about the so-called “two-state solution” now being “the consensus across the international community.” The financial crisis in 2008 affected not only the U.S. but also basically every nation in the world. Interestingly Israel was one of the least affected nations.
11. The Iceland Volcano On April 14, 2010 the Advertising Standard Authority in Great Britain announced that since the Old City in Jerusalem is considered occupied territory, the government of Israel is not allowed to use pictures of the Western Wall in Jerusalem in their advertisements in Great Britain, in order to draw tourists to Israel. The very same day the volcano Eyjafjallajokull on Island erupted, spewing out 250 million cubic meters of volcanic ash into the atmosphere, causing a halt to all air traffic in and out of Britain as well as many other parts of Europe beginning the next day. The loss in tourism income to Britain alone amounted to hundreds of millions of dollars.
12. The Gulf Oil Rig Disaster Later on in April, 2010 President Obama was finally able to force the Prime Minister of Israel to halt all building in what is often called Eastern Jerusalem, which in reality is biblical Jerusalem. Prime Minister Netanyahu’s decision was informal and was denied publically in order to avoid domestic criticism, but it was confirmed by several media reports as well as by indirect statements from the U.S. State Department. As a result of this unprecedented breakthrough for the Obama Administration to wrest control of Jerusalem away from the Jewish people, George Mitchell was dispatched on April 21 to the Middle East in an effort to jump start peace talks again.
However, the evening before, on April 20 another major catastrophe of historic proportions took place in the United States. British Petroleum’s oilrig “Deepwater Horizon” exploded in the Gulf of Mexico causing one of the worst natural disasters in U.S. history that eventually cost $32-40 billion in damages.
13. The Worst Tornado Rampage In U.S. History In the spring of 2011 came President Obama’s next major move against Israel, when he publically declared that Israel’s negotiations with the Palestinians must be based on the indefensible pre 1967 borders. This came as a shock to most observers and Prime Minister Netanyahu immediately rejected it as unacceptable for Israel.
President Obama made this historic declaration in a speech on May 19, as Prime Minister Netanyahu was on board his airplane over the Atlantic on his way to America. The decision to take this unprecedented step must, however, have been made sometime before that since the State Department as well as others in the President’s staff had to be informed first of his new policy. Brennan makes the observation in his book Israel Omen II that on April 6 George Mitchell, the United States’ most experienced point man to the Middle East since the Clinton era, handed in his resignation to President Obama. Brennan deduces that Mitchell resigned because Obama’s new policy would make his task as mediator between Israel and the Palestinians impossible.
Two days before Mitchell’s resignation, on April 4, the worst tornado rampage in US recorded history began. During the month of April, 2011 an all time record of 875 tornados caused damages for $26 billion. During four days alone, between April 25-28, 327 confirmed tornados killed 344 people and caused damages for $10 billion.
When Pharaoh refused to let the children of Israel go to the Promised Land, his advisers finally told him, “Let the men go, that they may serve the LORD their God. Do you not yet understand that Egypt is ruined?” (Ex 10:7)
It is also written in Zechariah, “Behold, I am about to make Jerusalem a cup of staggering to all the surrounding peoples. The siege of Jerusalem will also be against Judah. On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples. All who lift it will surely hurt themselves. And all the nations of the earth will gather against it.” (Zec 12:2-3)
Jerusalem is the place where empires die. All who come against God’s plan for His City will hurt themselves. When Great Britain worked against the Jewish people having their own state, it only took a few years for Britain to loose its position as a world power.
Since President Obama forced Israel into negotiating peace with the Palestinians this summer by agreeing to release condemned terrorists with blood on their hands, the United States has just in a matter of months lost its standing in the Middle East as a world power. Saudi Arabia as well as Egypt have lost their trust in the United States and are now beginning to align themselves instead with Russia. A recent poll shows that for the first time in history, the President of Russia is now considered the most powerful leader in the world with the President of the United States taking second place. God has said about Israel, “I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse.” (Gen 12:3)
What Will Happen Now?
At the moment it seems like the relationship between Israel and the United States is at an all time low. President Obama is about to sign a deal with Iran that will leave the Iranians with the capacity to produce nuclear weapons within weeks whenever they choose to do so. Prime Minister Netanyahu has reacted very strongly and denounced the deal in the strongest terms possible.
On top of this, Secretary of State John Kerry recently threatened Israel with a third intifada, as well as international sanctions and isolation if they do not sign a peace deal with the Palestinians and give them their state. Please view Prime Minister Netanyahu’s angry response to these developments here as well as here.
DEBKAfile commented: “Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu admitted he was stunned by the terms of the accord negotiated with Iran, calling it a “monumental, historic mistake” and “Iran’s deal of the century.” Tehran has conceded nothing and receives limited sanctions relief, he said. The interim agreement, said Netanyahu, buries the possibility of a peaceful final accord for dismantling Iran's nuclear program once and for all. “Israel is not obliged by this agreement and will do everything it needs to do to defend itself and defend the security of its people,” he said.
“His words carried two messages: 1. Israel has abandoned its trust in Barack Obama ever complying with his pledge to its security and will henceforth act on its own. 2. Israel’s only remaining course now is to exercise its military option against Iran’s nuclear capability – whether openly or covertly. For five years, Binyamin Netanyahu has repeatedly warned the world that Israel was ready for military action to preempt a nuclear-armed Iran. Each successive repetition was received on a diminishing scale of credibility. His response to the Geneva accord is therefore anyone’s guess.” (End of quote)[i]
John Kerry arrived in the Middle East on the ninth of Av, 2013 on his sixth visit as Secretary of State, which led to the start of the present peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians. Both parties have agreed to continue with these talks for nine months ending around Passover 2014. On this Feast a lunar eclipse, or blood red moon will appear in the sky over Jerusalem.
Since ancient times a blood moon has been a sign of war for the Jewish people. It is also a sign that is connected with the day of the LORD and the coming of Messiah as it says in Joel, “The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.” (Joel 2:31)
What more is that this blood red moon will be the first of four blood moons that will appear on the Feast of Passover and Succoth two years in a row. This is a rare phenomenon that has only taken place seven times over the past two thousand years. The previous time was in connection with the Six Day War in 1967 when Jerusalem was liberated.
Abraham Foxman wrote in an article this week about Obama’s willingness to sign a deal with Iran, “We are entering a period of time that may be the most dangerous the world has seen since the fall of the Berlin wall.”[ii]
On Saturday night, MK Naftali Bennett (Bayit Yehudi/Jewish Home), Minister of Economy and Diaspora Affairs and member of the Security Cabinet, wrote:
“These critical days in November will be remembered for years to come. The Free World stands before a fork in the road with a clear choice: Either stand strong and insist Iran dismantles its nuclear-weapons program, or surrender, cave in and allow Iran to retain its 18,500 centrifuges.
“Years from now, when an Islamic terrorist blows up a suitcase in New York, or when Iran launches a nuclear missile at Rome or Tel Aviv, it will have happened only because a Bad Deal was made during these defining moments…
“It would be dangerous to lift the sanctions and accept a deal which allows Iran to retain its entire uranium-production line. It would be dangerous because Iran would, a year, two or three from now, just turn everything back on and obtain a nuclear weapon before the world can do anything to stop it. It is not enough to shut off the centrifuges. They need to be completely dismantled. We call upon the West to avoid signing a Bad Deal. Israel's responsibility is to ensure the security of its citizens and that is exactly what we will do. We will never outsource our security.” (End of quote)[iii]
We must use the time that is left before Passover 2014 to pray and intercede for Israel, as signs in the natural as well as in the heavens indicate that very serious times lie ahead. “While people are saying, ‘There is peace and security,’ then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.” (1 Th 5:3) Israel might be forced to go to war again like in 1967 and we must pray!
We must also remember to pray that the so-called peace negotiations will fail. They constitute just as big of a threat to Israel as Iran’s nuclear weapons. Prime Minister Netanyahu is criticizing Obama for trusting Iran by negotiating with them, while he is doing exactly the same with the Palestinians. Both the Iranians and the Palestinians have an outspoken agenda to destroy Israel. The Palestinians do not want peace with Israel any more than the Iranians do. Already in 1974 they adopted the so-called Phased Plan to destroy Israel, the first phase being the establishment of a Palestinian state from which to attack Israel. Handing them this tool to help them fulfill their goal is suicidal.
At the present time, we are very busy following a direct word by the Lord to set up a new base in the Negev, close to the border of Gaza. We don’t know what lies ahead or when the next war will break out; we just know that He wants us on that frontline at this time.
This is an unexpected turn for us, and we do need your prayers and support. This base will require added monthly support, as well as some larger onetime costs right now.
The base will be 7,5 miles from Gaza, where Hamas said this week they are ready for the next armed confrontation with Israel. Gaza is the center of Islam’s battlefront towards Israel, with 1,6 million Palestinians.
We are willing to obey the Lord and be at the frontlines, with less than a minute to find a bomb shelter if the Palestinians shoot a rocket or a missile. But we need people who stand with us now in this fight, so please, if you can – invest in this Prayer Base on the frontlines the warfare against Israel!
• Pray that God will help us with all the practical aspects of setting up the new base by Gaza. Pray that all the urgent finances, as well as added monthly support will come in!
“ For as his share is who goes down into the battle, so shall his share be who stays by the baggage. They shall share alike.” (1 Sam 30:24)
• Pray that God will protect and watch over Israel during this difficult time!
“Oh, save your people and bless your heritage! Be their shepherd and carry them forever.” (Ps 28:9)
• Pray for the outpouring of the spirit of grace and supplication on Israel!
“It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced.” (Zec 12:9-10)
• Pray for supernatural wisdom and strength to the leaders of Israel on how to deal with Iran’s nuclear weapons program!
“On that day, declares the LORD, I will strike every horse with panic, and its rider with madness. But for the sake of the house of Judah I will keep my eyes open, when I strike every horse of the peoples with blindness… On that day I will make the clans of Judah like a blazing pot in the midst of wood, like a flaming torch among sheaves. And they shall devour to the right and to the left all the surrounding peoples, while Jerusalem shall again be inhabited in its place.” (Zec 12:4-6)
• Pray that the angels will fight for Israel if war breaks out!
“From heaven the stars fought, from their courses they fought against Sisera.” (Jud 5:20)
• Pray that the present “peace negotiations” will expose the Palestinians true agenda and not lead to more concessions to terror!
“The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; he frustrates the plans of the peoples. The counsel of the LORD stands forever, the plans of his heart to all generations.” (Ps 33:10-11)
• Pray for a renewed commitment this year to pray for Israel and to support this ministry!
“On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have set watchmen; all the day and all the night they shall never be silent. You who put the LORD in remembrance, take no rest, and give him no rest until he establishes Jerusalem and makes it a praise in the earth.” (Isa 62:6-7)
May God bless you as watchmen on the walls of Jerusalem!
Lars & Harriet Enarson