Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mo-Better?



I spoke with a seasoned black minister yesterday who reiterated to me  how being "Black" works in the church world.

  • First rule: The Pastor, Minister, Bishop is the next best thing to God
  • Second rule:  Black folk have clawed their way to have an identity within the Western world via the church. Taking church away from these folks is a cardinal sin.
  • Third rule: Clinging to the injustice of slavery is not an idea but way of life.

  • Forth rule: Electing the first Black President is more important than what this individual believes

  • Fifth rule: If you do not have a seminary degree or equal qualifications your conversation is readily ignored.

Thank God I am a child of the King and not a servant of my race! I understood what I was told concerning all of these traits or characteristics so common with in the Black Community, particularly, church theology. Nevertheless, the King of the Millennial Rest is coming and, coming soon. I refuse to be part of the click, a patron of the, "This is how things are done, Son"  mentality! When I hear the sound of the shofar, or last trump, see every knee bow, and every tongue confess. I know that folks will be in the same type of agony as a women giving birth. I understand "Mo-Better" God's connection to Israel and not the color of ones skin. I am so, very, very, VERY glad to not be a part of the, "Click Crowd!"

I see Jesus as Jewish but also, I see him observing  Adam checking out the view when first he became a living being. I see him telling Noah how to manage building the Ark. I see him asking Sarah, "What's so funny?" I see him saying to Moses, "Son, you best check your attitude at the door!" I know him by his birth name which means "Salvation" within the culture raised up to announce him. I see Israel as the first born of God and I see the Messiah or Lion of the Tribe of Judah returning to Jerusalem. I do not see, Superfly,or Shaft, or even Willie Dynamite returning to right, the wrong of sin! It is not possible for me to see a black Jesus with nappy hair and bling, bling!

We literally have the first generation of children born into the earth where an extremely large percentage do not know the name of their fathers according to Dr. Frank Seekins. Why would anyone celebrate that identity? [Our Messiah never did.] According to the statistics this is not a racial issue but rather an across the board failure of men to be, Dad! Can you imagine our savior asking Mary, "Whose my Daddy?"

I raised all of my kids, all of them call me Dad. Good, bad or indifferent my children know who Dad is. Okay, so I did something halfway right. I kept my kids out of the ghetto because I believed that I did not have to raise my kids in the ghetto. I credit the God that I serve who gave to, at least, 3 generations that came before me the strength to overcome. I have always felt that not taking advantage of what those folks endured so that I did not have to pick cotton is more important than being angry with those who enslaved them....My mind has been free most of my life as a result.

I have never been to Africa, neither had my father or his father. Therefore, I cannot embrace the term African American. To me the term is a lie and we all know who the Father of all lies is. God purposed me to be part of this nation and the credit for who I am must go to him. I refuse to follow anyone else. Learning from others is part of family planning...This I wholeheartedly agree with.

I sat in a room full of distinguished men of God last week and wondered...when all is said an done what distinguished them from one another, from me? The God that I serve does not have any degrees, is not seminary trained, nor did he typically choose that sort of person to spread his message. The disciples for example were barely out of puberty with perhaps one exception.

It takes a heart of God for anyone to follow the commandments/rules of his KINGDOM. Following the system of men separates us from HIS family. The family part continues to be the part missing!  Following a church that has a particular denomination or has a particular skin color or better yet follows a particular man that does not appreciate the Kingdom is not wisdom at all to me. When a person accepts the word of God and joins the plan of Yahweh.....what church should they attend?

If you have an answer for the preceding question then I shall continue to wonder how the Father, who sent his Son, to establish His rule in the earth, will acknowledge that sort of wisdom. Fathers, when walking with the Master don't abandon their kids. The Master's plan has always been to redeem that which is lost and to restore His family! He never quit nor did He stick out his hand and demand, reparation!

I sat in a room full of distinguished servants of God last week wondering how in the world is HE going to do this? This, dear friends is my problem. For two thousand years his family has learned how to be divided based on lies, not HIS WAYS.

Jeremiah 16:19
יט  יְהוָה עֻזִּי וּמָעֻזִּי, וּמְנוּסִי--בְּיוֹם צָרָה; אֵלֶיךָ, גּוֹיִם יָבֹאוּ מֵאַפְסֵי-אָרֶץ, וְיֹאמְרוּ אַךְ-שֶׁקֶר נָחֲלוּ אֲבוֹתֵינוּ, הֶבֶל וְאֵין-בָּם מוֹעִיל. 
O LORD, my strength, and my stronghold, and my refuge, in the day of affliction, unto Thee shall the nations come from the ends of the earth, and shall say: 'Our fathers have inherited nought but lies, vanity and things wherein there is no profit.'

No comments: