Friday, May 31, 2013

Amos 3:3

Amos 3:3 Do two walk together, unless they have agreed?


My good friend, Jason Swofford posed an interesting question based on the following premise: If the two witnesses do not agree on who the Messiah is than the Messiah cannot be what they say he is. In other words, if my Jewish brethren do not agree with my Christian brethren as two witnesses then the Messiah cannot be what both claim.

The Bible follows a series of patterns. In fact, the entire Bible is written in a cyclical manner repeating one story. God made a covenant promise to establish his kingdom in the earth. Virtually every Biblical reality is accomplishing this one thing. Two people produce a family, which produce nations which produce a kingdom, ultimately! The Kingdom has rules and precepts which YHWH entrusted to men who make choices. Currently we are living outside of the rules of the kingdom. Hence, the restoration of what God intended is underway. That's one man's summary. Our Creator is not a man

The Bible has a pattern of two:
E.W. BULLINGER'S summary http://philologos.org/__eb-nis/two.htm

I see the assembly of the church in opposition to the assembly of Israel. I also see the assembly of the synagogue in opposition to the church. However, both agree with the revelation of the Creator's enlistment of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Joshua, Queen Esther, Ruth, and King David. With in both camps there are those who agree with the deity of the Messiah, Yeshua. This has always been the case since the plan of Yahweh was announced. Prior to Jesus or Yeshua proper many, both non Jew and Jew looked forward to a Savior based on the scriptures. Many agreed that he would come and save and then return to conquer or subdue that which was against the rules of God. This group continues to agree. This group is walking together!

Currently, The identity of the Messiah is being restored or the TORAH and the Gospel are being put back into proper context. With in both camps their are those who absolutely resist the root of what Abba, Father planted eons ago....and so it goes.

Jason's question: What if the Jew and the non Jew are being readied to agree on who the Mochiach is? If this happens then the two witnesses will establish the true identity of the redeemer who rules from Jerusalem as King of King and LORD of LORDS

The Principle or Reality:   http://biblehub.com/numbers/35.htm

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that I have set before thee life and death, the blessing and the curse: therefore choose life, that thou mayest live, thou and thy seed:

Deuteronomy 31: 28 Assemble to me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to witness against them.

John 8:17 “And in your Written Law it is written: 'The testimony of two men is true.' “

Matthew 18:16 And if he does not hear you, take one or two with you, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word will be established.

John 5:30 I cannot do anything of my own will, but according to that which I have heard, I judge, and my judgment is just, for I am not seeking my will, but the will of him who has sent Me.   

John 8:17 “And in your Written Law it is written: 'The testimony of two men is true.' “

John 8:18  “I AM THE LIVING GOD, I who testify about myself, and my Father who has sent me has testified about Me.”

John 5:30 I cannot do anything of my own will, but according to that which I have heard, I judge, and my judgment is just, for I am not seeking my will, but the will of him who has sent Me. 

Hebrews 10:28  For if any violated the law of Moses, he would die without mercy by the mouth of two or three witnesses.

Proper context: 
In the following passage YESHUA is talking about Jewish Disciples who are to share this message with the world and they did. In one sense they were connecting the Torah to the Gospel

John 17:20 Not for these only do I pray, but for those also who believe in me through their word,
Currently mankind is heading for great tribulation. In the midst of it all there is a remnant being set apart to honor the words of the Messiah as the nation of Israel is restored and Zion is being raised up!

No comments: