Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Apple or the Plank, How do you see God's nation?

*Seeking funding for two projects. Your thoughtful prayers and financial contributions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!


The intent of this article is not to disparage Christianity but rather to encourage the question: Why don't I know more about what God poured into Israel?


Matthew 7:3-5 Why do you notice a chip that is in your brother's eye, and you do not observe the plank that is in your own eye? Or how do you say to your brother, 'Let me cast out the chip from your eye', and behold, a plank is in your eye? Hypocrite! First cast out the plank from your eye, and then you will see to cast out the chip from your brother's eye.
Luke 6:41 “But why do you observe a chip in the eye of your brother, but you do not see the plank that is in your eye?”

Seven years ago I had breakfast with a Pastor and friend in Vancouver, Washington. I had been asking questions of several Pastors concerning things that were unraveling in my mind concerning why the church did not teach about anything Jewish. The most vexing question for me was, "Why do we study the Bible and then offer up Sunday morning sermons without ever teaching about what the Jewish believers, believe concerning God and not necessarily the deity of Messiah Yeshua?


I had question upon question pouring into my mind concerning our separation from the very people who wrote the Bible that I was to study. The church that I attended for 16 years would not even entertain my questions. My best friend for 20 years who maintained a Bible study for as long told me, YOU are becoming involved in a cult and all of your references concerning the Old Testament are obsolete due to the cross. thus ending our friendship. (That was very painful I might add)

I attended a different church in Vancouver as an invited guest where the Pastor presented his sermon suggesting that in order to be saved a person had to be a Converted man, a Consecrated man and a Conformed man (I wrote his three distinctions down in one of my Bibles which I just took from the shelf)
During his sermon the Pastor stated, "Only after accepting Jesus could a man experience these three characteristics." After the service, in the foyer I approached the Pastor and asked, How would this apply to King David, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob or Moses, Joshua etc, etc.....none had a "Born Again" experience?
The Pastor said and I quote, "My sermon was addressing the Christian, not the Jews." I pressed him until he was noticeably angry.

On several occasions so too, did my friend and Pastor [at that time] become noticeably angry. Our breakfast was difficult because I was questioning something that he said during his sermon. He made the statement, "The Church, the apple of God's eyes, his glorious church." I asked him to show this in scripture. I knew very well at least three instances where God calls Israel the apple of his eye long before a Christian church existed:

Deuteronomy 32:10 He found him in a desert land, in the waste howling wilderness. He surrounded him. He cared for him. He kept him as the apple of his eye.
Zechariah 2:8 For thus says Yahweh of Armies: 'For honor he has sent me to the nations which plundered you; for he who touches you touches the apple of his eye.
Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of your eye. Hide me under the shadow of your wings, 

One thing that consistently occurs, of which I have noticed over these past seven years, is the anger that accompanies challenging questions of Christian Pastors. I was invited to attend a meeting concerning church planting. Again, when the discussion about Israel and the Jews came up the person who was hosting the meeting began to point out correctly I might add, the historical failure of the Jews. Invariably, a more defensive posture is taken immediately in support of church doctrine [supportive of the gospels] and a denigration and call to remember the failure of anything Jewish! It is a remarkable thing to watch. The separation is ingrained, has had years of reinforcement and experienced a plethora of doctrine denoting why. The atypical summation: Jewish people did not accept Jesus and therefore this is a non issue for church teaching or anything that remotely enlightens us to what they do believe and why...It simply is not taught to the Christian wanting to understand the entire biblical narrative.
One of my numerous questions: If the Jewish people did not believe in the life, death, and resurrection of the Bible why did so many of them write about it, teach about it, and share with the world the facts surrounding it?
I find it ironic that we are not taught the depth of what the believing Jews understand about the Bible while developing sermons and teachings concerning what they wrote to Sunday morning congregations the world over. Not knowing the depth of what the Messianic Jewish Rabbi understands concerning biblical fact or what the Orthodox Rabbi has studied for centuries is tantamount to purposely remaining ignorant to the entire Old Testament which God purposed, spent centuries developing and did so through, Israel! In seven years speaking with Pastors, Rabbis and teachers of the Bible I can without reservation declare that much of what Christianity understands concerning the Bible is very abstract in nature, based primarily on translation and supposition and lacks foundation from what God directed and purposed concerning the nation he calls the "Apple of his eye" When one does the study on this one declaration alone that person will find that God is basically saying that when you look into his pupil you will see Israel being reflected. Do the 'Interlinear' study, see for yourself the intended message being conveyed.

Possibly the most notable thing that I have mentally cataloged in the thousands of discussions that I have had with Christian Pastors is the fact that most, to this day overlook a basic truth. What Israel failed to do in covenant relationship with Yahweh does not erase the perfect accomplishments of what Yahweh has done, is currently doing, and will continue to do, while keeping his end of the covenant relationship with Israel. That should be our focus, not pointing out the failures of the Jews!
I will say until my death based on the miracle of what YEHOVAH downloaded into my entire being concerning Israel:
"What Christianity teaches is based on about 2% of God's word. However, that very 2% blinds the church from seeing the 98 % that is available of yet and even still an unlimited Creator." One only has to study what YHWH poured into this nation concerning all of that "Jewish Stuff" that he ordained. Jesus (Yeshua proper) was Jewish for a "kaBillion" reasons and the nation of God is now Born Again. This is a gigantic clue as to why we must take the plank out of our interpretation of the entire word of YHWH! His intention has always been to redeem the nation(s)

Never stop making connections to how God presented his LIVING WORD
It is my prayer that my brothers and my sisters in the Christian faith study as did the Bereans who had no New Testament. I pray that those seeking wise counsel return to the beginning and take the "Good News" with you! The "Good News" was always planned, never revised! The Jewish nation, was raised up to show to the world....who our God is and they have done this...You prove it every time that you open the Bible that God purposed them to write after creating this set apart people!

No comments: