Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What Kind of Love is This! [A letter from Nathan]

I received this letter from Nathan after he saw what I wrote on Facebook
November 21, 2012



Over the last three years at El Shaddai Ministries I have been learning about the rest of the story not being told to us in the American media.  I have learned how Hamas has been firing several hundred rockets a year from Gaza and has never really stopped.  I have learned how the IDF send leaflets into Gaza before strikes to protect innocent people, how Israel is the main source of electricity, water, food, medical help to those in Gaza, and how the IDF goes out of their way to save innocent lives while doing their jobs.


To be honest, I thought that this is no way to fight against those who hate you, you would be far better to clean house and finally have peace.  In fact I find the thought of providing your enemy his water and electricity at your expense downright crazy, and yet downright loving and peaceful and righteous, that is crazy.  I guess a part of me believes this and yet may not fully understand it.  It was with this understanding that last night I went to downtown Seattle at the Federal Building where a rally was being held to support Israel and their right to defend themselves as a nation.   

We are all seeing the reports of how Hamas has sent over 800 rockets into Israel this last week and yet the prayers of those holding the vigil were for protection of all the people of Israel and Gaza.  For peace to come about where all people can live peacefully, together, and that no one would have to die.


You are an incredible people, who garnered my respect and love again.  You exemplify true love and I cannot wait to tell the truth about who you are.



Your friend who loves and admires you.



Nathan


No comments: