Monday, November 5, 2012

I am a Christian that many Christians have never been?

As a Christian, if someone had come to me and told me that I was pagan and that what I believed about Jesus was wrong I would have dismissed that person immediately. I understand exactly how some feel concerning anything connected to Hebrew Roots and many of the Messianic groups that now dot the communities of the world. I would have called such an individual deceived and lost in some sort of new age cult.

However, as a Christian who now understands the Festivals of the Lord, the Scape Goat, Blood Avenger, 12 tribes of Israel, Biblical patterns, Themes and Historical [and in deed], cyclical repetitions found on virtually every page of the Bible I realize that what I have known as a Christian concerning the Bible is very, very....EXTREMELY shallow and deficit.

I now understand how the Jews view Scripture and how they have recorded their history based on the Torah, the Writings and Prophets as well as the Gospels themselves. I understand why Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Samuel, King David, Queen Hadassah, Mordecai, Naomi, Boaz, Ruth, and so many people of the Bible are mentioned. The Bible is not telling a story alone but revealing a method of communicating what God is doing and how he uses people to show us exactly what is being done....
The entire Bible is revealing the Messiah of Israel through every occurrence, every misstep, every success, every name mentioned, every chapter read, every Jot and Tittle, EVERY WORD. I realize too, that if one looks at the English translation of God's word alone 98% of what is being communicated is made IMPOSSIBLE to see, literally, figuratively and realistically. This is not to criticize but rather to encourage our community to look at why all of the, "Old Testament" happened in the first place.

The reader of the Scriptures that only understand the basic structure of the text and researches various Scriptures based on a basic concept will understand the bible in the same manner as one who reads comic books or any book for that matter. However, to know why 10 sons of Haman along with ten generals of Hitler's Nazi party died and how these two events are connected is another level altogether. Or to see how plant life, Jonah, Abraham sacrificing his son or even Queen Hadassah  praying and fasting for three days are related to Yeshua coming out of the grave is what is missed from most Christian pulpits. Not understanding the Biblical calendar (Exodus 12) and how it is communicating something in Joshua 4:19 or Passover in general disconnects Christianity from a more intimate understanding of how to see these same events happening today.

We can see in Hurricanes, Solar and Lunar Eclipses and how nations are gathering once again around Israel to attempt the murder God's first born. We saw this with Assyria, Babylon, Greece, Rome and Constantinople. We are seeing history replay the same thing again.

Today, I see myself as a Christian who has a bigger revelation concerning what God is doing and how he is doing it. All of this as a result of returning to the root of my faith and that root is, ISRAEL [and a very Jewish Messiah who was purposed to be revealed through Israel.] This too, is about to happen again!
I cannot proceed in this life today with out Hebrew Roots. The term for me can best be stated in this way: Returning to the beginning of why I became a Christian in the first place. I wanted to know the truth about why I am here and so I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior but I was never taught about his "Jewishness" until now. My entire Christian experience never shared with me why the WORD was Jewish!

What I now know about my faith takes all of what I was taught as a Christian to a level that the churches simply do not have, cannot teach and don't understand concerning our Jewish Brethren and our Jewish Messiah. This is what is missing in how the Gospel message is presented and it is missing to be very, very clear. I even know why the moon, the sun, the stars the tide, the hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, meteors and miracles are all dress rehearsals for the great day of the Lord.
My daily prayer is that fellow Christians look at what we have not been taught. It does not hurt your faith but rather illuminates it. Your eyes will be opened to something beyond anything you have known about our Savior....

John 21:25 There are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they would all be written, I suppose that even the world itself wouldn't have room for the books that would be written.

No comments: