Saturday, May 19, 2012

Thanks Nancy

Nancy King posted the following on Facebook:

This couple showed up at the campground Thursday night, after 11pm. They found some wood got a fire going and put their tent up. Yesterday morning they got up about an hour after we were and we had just finished breakfast. Gerald went to get some water, the pump is right next to their tent and Gerald siad they gave him a real strange look. An hour or so after that they came to our site and Gerald talked to them alone. They told him they had left MO because they were living with his dad and they couldn't handle being there anymore. This couple is between mid 30's-40. The woman looks prematurely old. They asked Gerald about jobs and finding their way around town, so he calls me to come and talk to them since we had just found the food pantry and community services they day before when we went to the thrift store. Well, we all talked and they said they wanted to find jobs and we told them of a few places we knew about and the man was writing down every word. They had also told Gerald they had no food, only a little money for gas and needed to find a place to stay. We suggested talking to the Park Manager about letting them stay until they found jobs and could pay. Before they left Gerald went and prayed with them. Then he told me they needed to eat, so I made them some jambalaya that I was going to cook today for us. I added lots of white rice to it since I didn't know if they could eat or liked spicy foods. It's long story but in the end they were doubly fed, food and the Word, they were prayed over and they have a place to stay for a few nights. We will continue to help them in what ways our God calls us to. That is why we live here~!
Via Yaya, one of my close, close friends I met Nancy King. Yaya told her about me, what I do and how she could help. Yaya encouraged me to contact her. I contacted her because she builds websites. Anyway, I asked her if she would help me with my site, http://www.hearandobey.us  Nancy accepted. According to Nancy, "I do this as a sort of ministry" She explained, I only ask for a donation if possible. 
I have endured cancer, homelessness and a host of challenges over the last few years. Many of you know my story. I have also been delivered from the cancer, blessed with a home in a rural part of Tacoma and the mother of my kids is remarrying me. Abba never let me for a moment, feel alone. Nancy, along with so many, many of you guys, all over the world poured into my life. I understand what Nancy is sharing above. I get it!  
We have to help one another. The Facebook medium is a means to do this worldwide and to be family on a daily basis. This is why I do what I do and post as much as I post.......We are all doing life together but we do so based on the tree of life, amen!
If you wanna bless Nancy send to her 5 bucks or so! If you need your website tweaked...let her tweak it!
Thanks Nancy

https://www.facebook.com/kingskreation

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you Jeff!! Just doing what He calls us to do and loving life!! You're a blessing.

Nancy

Nancy said...

Thank you Jeff!! We're just doing what HE has called us to do and loving every day of our lives doing His work! You are a blessing to me~

Nancy