Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Quitting!

I flew home from an amazing time in New Mexico on Sunday. No more goats, elk, wild turkeys, deer and mountain air. It was a beautiful time. Hats off to my friends Frank and Yaya! [your hospitality and generosity is unparalleled thus far in this journey that I am on.]

When flying home I began to re-read Jeremiah. It was thinking as I began to read the first chapters of how the children of Israel were no longer being warned but rather told that an army from the north was coming. Certain destruction was coming. This is how I see the nations today. As I read I kept comparing today's civilizations to those Israeli children who had come away from the Law, Torah. The chief priest and Rabbis or religious leaders were pompous and without honor. Israel was a mess according to the Lord, Jeremiah was his messenger.

I find this to be the case with most of the world today. I know that great judgement is coming [correction] and the world systems seem oblivious. Sometimes I want to just quit doing all of this because so many could care less. It is a daunting thing to see how corrupt we are as a people and try to make a dent.

I am homeless and lack a sense of stability trying to say to anyone who will listen, "Return to the Beginning. The book of Jeremiah is both a warning and encouragement about the future. I live with the warning and encouragement daily. The warning is all around me and yet I do what I do, say what I say under very difficult circumstance. Today, I choose to press on and I have to believe that this is what Jeremiah was doing.

Jeremiah  responds in chapter1:6 Then I said, "Ah, Lord Yahweh! Behold, I don't know how to speak; for I am a child." I feel like this today, "But Lord, Yahweh,  I am homeless and lack stability!

I looked at a house yesterday to try to rent...a small shack of a place that was asking way too much. In my mind I thought, a buck fifty is what this place is worth! I left this place feeling bummed out and a bit let down. I laid my head down and began to read Jeremiah again. I was thinking, this poor dude!.....

We read about the life of Jeremiah because he obeyed Abba and went through a living hell in order to do what was before him. I am by no means a prophet or Jeremiah but I understand his perseverance, I understand his imperfections.  

Chapter 1:7 "But Yahweh said to me, "Don't say, 'I am a child;' for to whoever I shall send you, you shall go, and whatever I shall command you, you shall speak.

We are facing certain calamity. The nations are warned, we are in for a very brutal time. Possibly the most horrific time in human history.
Looking for a place to live with out an abundance of cash is depressing but focusing on my situation is worse. How is what I go through compare? There are so many more people going through much worse than am I

If Jeremiah did what is so easy to do, whine and complain none of us would be reading about the promises that he also wrote of:

Jeremiah 31:32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband to them, says Yahweh.
Rabbi Shaul [Apostle Paul] quoted Jeremiah in Hebrew 8:9 “Not like that Covenant that I gave to their fathers in the day when I took their hands and brought them from the land of Egypt, because they did not continue in my Covenant; I also rejected them, says THE LORD YEHOVAH.”

Both men were homeless and a great deal of their lives "sucked!" They made mistakes and dropped the ball a few times but they did not quit.

I woke up this morning wanting to write that we cannot quit...we simply cannot quit! No matter what our circumstances we have to be about Yahweh's message. The Torah and the Gospel must be above and beyond everything...Judgment is coming and so many, many, many folks are clueless!

While in New Mexico we went to dinner at a restaurant in Ruidoso. I was watching one of the employees perhaps the manager, not sure? The Holy Spirit or Ruach was tugging on me to address this fellow and so I did. I showed to him the gospel in the book of Genesis or the ten names from Adam to Noah. His response was WOW! He said to me, to all of us, "My wife and I are starting to ask questions about the Jewishness of Messiah." I realized at this moment, the Holy Spirit was using me to further turn a light on in this persons life. He used those in our party to show to him others who were returning to TORAH or the Law, Yahweh's Instructions and the very reason Yeshua was sacrificed. This brother and his wife are Christians "Returning to the Beginning!

This is why I keep going, keep doing and cannot quit no matter what hardships I face. I think Jeremiah and Rabbi Shual understand people like me, people like us.


No comments: