Monday, November 28, 2011

Like A Puff Of Smoke

It's presently 2:29 AM here in my little corner of the world. The phone rang about an hour ago waking me from sleep. Mom lost her elder sister two days before Thanksgiving and is currently at hospital with a younger brother. Mom called to do what our family does when one of us is sick. My uncle is in ICU, "Very sick" according to Mom. I am witnessing the season of her family dwindle as 14 children have now become 6. They are all in their 70's for the most part. Of course, my memories of all of them is that of a child who often would get excited when my aunts and uncles would visit. I am 3000 miles away from my relatives, those visit ended years ago.

My mother has been a Christian for 36 years. She and I found this thing called faith at the same time. As I listened to her talk about her brother I knew that I would pray for my uncle as soon as the call ended. I knew too, that I would tear up knowing that my mother is soon to attend the funeral of her sister and now this.

She assured me, "I am okay" Who is okay under these situations? In my book, "Un-Coloring Race" I wrote, "Mom was our gladiator" At this hour on the east coast Mom was being true to form.

I am comforted in the knowledge that our mother has studied the Bible for years. I know that she is a believer. Lately, she has begun to see the things that I am sharing. After realizing that I am not doing anything more than to show her what we Christians have not been made aware of Mom has said to me, "I had no idea, THIS IS AMAZING!" Mom is going back to the beginning and so too, is one of  my sisters, I think my older brother is reading everything that I am doing as well.

I was thinking about all of the uncles and aunts who were just living out loud [for the most part] all of those years ago. We were all younger in those days. Back in the 60's and 70's when I was watching their lives as a child, none of them were thinking about death. They were all just trying to live. None of them had fame or riches they were just black folk trying to get to the next day!

Now I am shouting that our King is coming while seeing the Biblical story in a way that 30 years of being a Christian did not show to me. I am returning to the beginning of this story and it is mind blowing. As I was talking with my mother she gets it. You see, 36 years ago I shared Jesus with her and now she is learning about the Jewishness or Hebrew story that was never a Western Christian revelation. I see the years of my relatives lives fading while the joy in my heart is bursting and realize my mandate, my mission.....I also realize that Mom is truly okay.

Our lives are like a puff of smoke that rapidly disperses in seconds, really! So as I watch the lives of my relatives pass I see that puff of smoke in my own earthly existence and realize....I don't have a lot of time to do what Abba has put in front of me.

On behalf of my uncle I pray that you recover, I have loved you all of my life. To my Aunt, who we have lost this is true of her as well.. I happened to speak to her by phone hours before she passed. I got to tell her this very thing.

Our King is coming but he is not coming in the way that we have been taught for 2000 years...I have to somehow show those of you who don't know what Abba is showing to so many of us. We are returning to the beginning of this story we call life....

I will spend the rest of my life showing to Christians why we have to go back....We don't have a lot of time.

I lift up a prayer to the God of Israel and to the King who is to come...Please bless my family and bless those of us who walk in faith with the original understanding of your word. Reveal to those who have yet to see  these things for such a time as this

No comments: