Saturday, March 5, 2011

Christians know CHRISTIANITY, not God's word

 I used to believe the very same thing but a revival of God's word is happening.....will you cling to what you have been taught or will you investigate what God is doing?

The title of this post is the result of speaking with fellow Christians over the course of nearly five years. I have come to realize that most who call themselves Christians...don't know the Holy Scriptures! Many know the books of  Rabbi Shaul, aka Apostle Paul. My beloved brothers and sisters know his writings from a Christian perspective rather than the Jewish, historical person who was teaching or re-examining, to use a better term the 1st part of God's scriptures. The Bereans, for example were comparing Rabbi Shaul's writings to the Torah and the books of the Prophets.. the so called New Testament did not exist. Most fellow Christians were taught that Rabbi Shaul became a Christian. The Jewish Rabbi not only remained very Jewish [as did the Disciples] but died a Pharisee who understood the culmination of what the Prophets foretold. Like Moses' restoration of TORAH to the descendants of Jacob, Rabbi Shaul restored as well as introduced the Living TORAH to the Gentiles.

The Messiah did come and he did represent the Spoken and the Written word.....perfectly. The Messiah did so in the flesh. His sinlessness is the result of a perfect spoken word, written word and living word. Neither can contradict the other. He was never Old & then New for example. Christianity teaches and old book and a new book or an old God and a new God. Even still, a Jewish faith and a Christian faith....The problem, not one of the writers of God's Holy Scriptures were...CHRISTIAN.

Many fellow believers do not know the 1st 3/4 of the Holy scriptures nor do they see the story that unfolds. Many see what they have been taught and many follow how their respective denominations or non denominations teach. This week alone I spoke to several Christians friends who were literally shocked...I MEAN shocked at what I was able to share with them while reading the scriptures. I have been privy to this sort of thing for as many years. I unapologetically declare that Christians know Christianity but they don't know God's holy scriptures on the whole!

Jesus was a Jewish man...Every believing Christian is following a Jew. Every believing Christian reads from the scriptures written by Jewish hands, inspired by the King of the Jews, the LION of the TRIBE of JUDAH. He is in the beginning and the end (of the plan)

Many don't have a clue, respectfully about anything Jewish accept for what their respective denominations or non denomination teach. Most have never been in a Synagogue or heard the Rabbi's... Messianic or Orthodox teach the scriptures. The reason for this is because of what we were taught about the Jews. What we were taught about the Jews is not even in the scriptures but it is well entrenched in the belief of many, many Christians.

Jesus kept all of HIS festivals...none were exclusively Jewish (Leviticus 23 clearly points this out twice in fact!)
1. (1-3) The Sabbath.

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: 'The feasts of the Lord, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts. Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work on it; it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings."

Most Christians have no idea or concept why these holidays exist!
I always ask...How did Noah bring in the animals to the ark? Virtually every Christian responds, "By twos"
Genesis 7:2
Of every clean beast you shall take to you by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. What laws existed before Moses to declare clean and unclean? The answer is God is the law, the commandments, the statutes.These are what made the dirt sit up and speak!

God did not fulfill himself and make 3/4 of his word obsolete...Christianity did this! Christians know Christianity, not God's word.

I can list 20 pages of information here to drive this point home but I am not trying to prove anything....I am simply showing what we cannot see because many of us know Christianity and not the Holy Scriptures

Earlier this week I was able to share with several people who Love the Lord...I showed to them who he is not or what Christianity teaches. The illumination caused tears. I have seen this happen for nearly five years. I am amazed, truly amazed at what the God of ISRAEL is doing to undo what we have done...

Challenge what you have been taught...Return to the voice that caused the dirt to sit, stand and walk.
Jesus was Jewish and so was his Mother, earthly Father, life style and religious practices. So too, were the disciples. Watch and see [or hear] the facts from the SCRIPTURES!

October 4, 2010 -Yeshua Our Cornerstone-From Torah through the Gospels, Acts & the Epistles from El Shaddai Ministries on Vimeo




October 4, 2010 -Yeshua Our Cornerstone-From Torah through the Gospels, Acts & the Epistles from El Shaddai Ministries on Vimeo.



5 comments:

Shirah! said...

Shabbat Shalom Jeff! May you be well!
As a "modern day Ruth" I enjoyed your post on many levels because of my yrs. of messianic and Church ministry experience in Yeshua.
However my concern is that personally I have experienced major religious exclusivity and clicks because of celebrating cultural pride among both Jewish and Jewish hearts with an unbalanced "Jewish zeal". Some believers losing their spiritual balance, have resulted with some o who I've known who have fallen under the Law leaving Messiah and entering a traditonal temple! As we know Anti-semitism thrives without the knowing our Jewish roots of our faith! All together your concerns in your post is telling me that the Jewish believer and those with Jewish hearts who has been given much here. You are to step out of hiding-- for "fear of the Jews" and GO and connect to the mainstream Church and meet the need: TEACH the brethren who need to know their Jewish roots and to teach, and implement it with-- Scriptural Balance. Who will say "Hineni!?"

Jeff Morton said...

Shirah

Well you represent the never ending bias's that follow all of us no matter how we believe. My concern is to build bridges....In Christianity that bridge needs to be erected based on what the word says not the interpretation...I simply and hopefully offer the idea that Christianity also exists...fallen!..Hence the need for restoration of all things. Many in Christianity do not feel that we are in need correction with regard to scriptures..All have missed the mark.....Hence too, the need for salvation and according to the "PLAN" of YeHovah...a Savior! Shalom, shalom!

shirahsing said...

Read prayerfully Isaiah 58 and Romans 14:21-22.
I am HIS servant Who alone judges me righteously. I'm loved for years among the Jews,here and in Israel.I was recently in Jerusalem,again and it is always hard to return home because of the love our personal rabbi friends and families, Sabra friends have shown to me and my husband. As "Ruth" Gentile's with Jewish hearts are especially dear to me. So building bridges means being careful of freely making judgments against the Body, and having a critical spirit/ bitter root spring up in you, that it doesn't get advantage over you. Also, "Great peace have those who love the Word, and nothing shall offend or make them stumble." Psalm 119:165, AMP May you have great peace is my final response to you.

Jeff Morton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff Morton said...

I am humbled by your response and I do understand. I address in much of what I write those who use Christianity to vilify Jews. Just the other day I had a Christian use the bible to prove why the Jews are obsolete and given over to retribution because they killed Jesus. I have no bitter root but I hear from hundreds who, as Christians believe the above. This is most sad to me